Verisk – Software Engineer
SHARE THIS JOB
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
As a member of the software development team, you will help build, enhance, and troubleshoot Verisk EES’s multi-tiered catastrophe modeling software platform. You are expected to work in an agile team to help plan and design new features, write clean, testable and performing code, provide automated tests, as well as resolve customer issues.
- Experience developing multi-layer applications using Microsoft technology stack C++/C#/SQL Server
- Strong background in object-oriented design and development
- Well versed in modern design patterns
- Good analytical, math and statistics skills.
- Fast learning capability
- Positive attitude with eagerness to learn
- Communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science, engineering/math or related fields (Master is a plus)
Nice to have:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in developing software solutions
- Experience with Microsoft WPF
- Experience with object-relational mapping solutions (Hibernate, Entity Framework)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Cloud programming experience (AWS is a plus)