Textron- Electrical Engineer Internship
Thief River Falls
Internships & Co-ops
You will be challenged with cross-team and/or cross-functional assignments that are designed to provide real-world, hands-on experience so you can acquire and hone highly sought-after skills. Through these projects and team interactions, you will be exposed to and get prepared for numerous career opportunities available throughout the organization. You will meet and work with many talented peers, colleagues and managers–many of whom were once interns themselves. You can leverage your academic experience and degree in a wide range of jobs in our multi-industry Fortune 250 company. When you work alongside colleagues who are at the forefront of their fields, your opportunities to learn and grow have no limit. Consider this path if your passion for Textron products and services aligns with a specific business or location.
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under several different brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
• Completion of assigned tasks to assist in the design and development of various mechanical or electrical systems, such as: vehicle frame, steering, suspension, axles, drivelines, seating, roll cages, body panels, lighting, electrical harness and electrical system design, circuit board design, and microprocessor programming.
• Work within defined project timelines to complete tasks according to project schedule.
• Revise, review, and create functional specifications and engineering design standards.
• Creating test and analysis plans for product validation.
• Perform tolerance studies on components and assemblies.
• Development and release of engineering component, assembly drawings, and vehicle bills of material.
• Incorporate Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) on engineering drawings.
• Resolve and document design issues found during testing.
• Participate in cross functional design reviews and Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design for manufacturing (DFM) Assessments on Components & Assemblies.
• Perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on Components & Assemblies for stress, thermal etc.
Qualifications – External
• Education: Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
• 3.0 GPA or higher required
• Software Knowledge: Microsoft Office Applications, CAD, Visual Basic or other programming languages, Matlab
Thief River Falls (303590) Job Description – 2023 Electrical Engineer Intern – Thief River Falls (303590) (taleo.net)
Augusta Georgia (303588) Job Description – 2023 Electrical Engineer Intern – Augusta (303588) (taleo.net)