Textron- 2023 Internship – Defense & Special Missions Avionics/Electrical Engineer
Internships & Co-ops
You will be challenged with cross-team and/or cross-functional assignments that are designed to provide real-world, hands-on experience so you can acquire and hone highly sought-after skills. Through these projects and team interactions, you will be exposed to and get prepared for numerous career opportunities available throughout the organization. You will meet and work with many talented peers, colleagues and managers–many of whom were once interns themselves. You can leverage your academic experience and degree in a wide range of jobs in our multi-industry Fortune 250 company. When you work alongside colleagues who are at the forefront of their fields, your opportunities to learn and grow have no limit. Consider this path if your passion for Textron products and services aligns with a specific business or location.
Design of Avionics and Electrical Systems equipment installation on Single Engine and Citation Jet aircraft.
- Prepare engineering drawings for avionics and electrical system equipment installation using computer based drafting tools (CATIA and/or IAI HarnesSys)
- Design installation of cockpit displays and controls, remote line replacement units, antennas, sensors, wire bundles and secondary support structure.
- Perform analyses requiring frequent application of engineering principles.
- Assist in preparing engineering trade studies, functional test procedures, certification reports, and other engineering documents.
Prefer completion of 60 hours while currently enrolled in Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical or Aerospace).
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the U.S. for Textron Aviation at the time of making application, and visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including for F-1 students and J-1 exchange visitors who will need employment sponsorship.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Microsoft Office applications
- Time management skills
- Critical thinking skills in order to troubleshoot
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Working knowledge of CATIA V5
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.