Process Engineering – Full Time (Summer Internship 2023)
We are looking for an intern for our Process Engineering department. You will have the opportunity to learn the Process Engineering functions through the supervision of Process Engineers within the Fulfillment distribution network. Partner with mentor as well as site operations to identify savings opportunities and evaluate cost improvements.
WHO WE ARE
Process Engineering is a group within US Distribution Order Fulfillment network that works to save the company money by identifying and implementing cost savings ideas. We manage small capital projects, create and maintain engineered standards, and partner with operations to implement process improvements.
QVC empowers shoppers with knowledge and shares insights in a lively and engaging way. QVC offers an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products – from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry – and connects shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories and award-winning customer service. QVC reaches more than 200 million homes worldwide via its 12 broadcast networks and reaches millions more via multiple streaming services, websites, mobile apps and social pages.
- Create and/or maintain engineered standards for different warehouse processes using either time studies or MOST.
- Identify opportunities, partner with operations on solutions, sell the solution to leaders, and implement the solution if time permits.
- Cost benefit analysis including ROI calculations for comparing and prioritizing opportunities.
- Manage small capital projects with project timelines, Excel spreadsheets, and cross-functional team meetings to stay on time, on task, and on budget.
- Interface extensively with other QVC/HSN departments such as Operations, Data Analytics, Facilities, Finance, IT, etc.
- Perform other duties and projects, analyze and organize data, such as throughput, product/commodity mix, key production metrics, and cubic utilization analysis.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- QVC will consider students who have completed at least four semesters of college in the following majors: Industrial Engineering.
- Experience in the following preferred: Retail Distribution, Warehousing, Supply Chain.
- Excellent verbal, written and telephonic communication skills.
- Excellent ability to influence others.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze data and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on business.
- Excellent Excel skills.