Peraton- Communications Engineer
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Salary Minimum: $57,500
Salary Mid: $115,000
Salary Maximum: $143,800
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
This position provides Engineering Support to the USCENTCOM on MacDill AFB. This individual will provide engineering support to provide network engineering and management support of networks at headquarters and in theater. The Network Engineer is responsible for surveying, designing, implementing, testing, training and documenting worldwide enterprise class networks in support of our warfighters.
This engineer is viewed as an expert in network technologies and must be able to turn customer requirements into functional solutions by coordinating and providing network troubleshooting guidance to forward units; identify, diagnose, and resolve complex problems affecting network performance; provide planning and engineering guidance to network planners at engineering conferences; and develop and maintain network SOPs and TTPs.
- Research, analyze, recommend and implement new technologies, standard processes, tools and techniques
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies; maintain skills and capabilities through education, training and hands-on experience
Perform mentoring and training tasks for peers and customers as required; transfer project knowledge to other team members and customers
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Expert level of understanding of VLANs, trunking, Quality of Service, static/dynamic routing and high availability configurations
- The ability to isolate and resolve network performance and communication issues to ensure maximum up time and reliability
- The ability to excel in a fast paced, demanding environment where each day provides a new set of challenges under short time constraints involving complex network configuration and/or troubleshooting requirements
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Defense security requirements, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Secret clearance required, with the ability to attain a TS/SCI Clearance
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline and 9+ years of experience as a network engineer OR the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- CCNA Certification Required
Desired Education and Skills:
- CCNP Preferred
- Working knowledge of Cisco VOIP and Nexus platforms a plus