General Motors -Entry-Level Electrical Engineering Rotational Program
The Global Product Development Group (GPD) is looking for innovative Entry Level Electrical Engineers to help us build state-of-the-art platforms. This rotational program is designed to develop new employees, and prepare them for a future with GM. This is accomplished by providing work assignments and networking opportunities that expose them to different, interfacing roles in critical and emerging business areas. In parallel, the engineers develop business acumen, strategic technical skills, relationships, and excellence that grow as they progress through the program. The result is an employee that is prepared to fit directly into a variety of roles, quickly add value and move the company forward. This program requires a two-year commitment and consists of four 6-month rotations developing hardware within the Product Engineering organization as part of our TRACK (Technical Rotation and Career Knowledge) program.
Hardware Engineers (Electrical): Physical and electronic components and systems for our existing and future vehicles.
Types of Rotational Opportunities include :
- Active Chassis Calibration Engineer
- Lighting Project Engineer
- Instrument Panel/Cockpit Engineer
- Occupant Protection Systems Engineering
- Transmission / Electric Drive Unit Project Engineer
- Automated Driving Engineer
- Battery System & Electronics Development Engineer
- Active Safety Subsystem Validation Engineer
- Infotainment System Test Engineer
- Supplier Quality Engineer
Electrical Engineer responsibilities & desired skills:
- Lead and direct the design, analysis, and testing of components
- Demonstrate product safety, integrity, and quality through product development
- Provide an innovative thinking approach to working with electrical sensors, actuators, electric motors, power electronics, and electronic controller hardware
- Translate breakthrough technologies into vehicles and experiences
- DOORS Requirements management software
- Efficient use of Software Programs Ex: NX, TeamCenter, MATLAB Simulink, Vehicle SPY (CAN Interface), EAGLE (Circuit Board Design), etc.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must graduate between December 2021 and June 2023
- Prior internship experience in automotive or technology
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Engineering Principles
- Deliver new and creative solutions to complex problems
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative and is proactive
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trust
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to interpret and share content
- Collaborate with varying degrees of management and other coworkers
- Demonstrate leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities, or service organizations
- Understanding of telecommunication technology
- Vehicular technology (road safety, camera, lidar technology, etc.)
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
- Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we’re looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.