Penn State: Electrical/Computer Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
We are searching for a junior Electrical/Computer Engineer to join our System Design Department at the Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State University. You will help to develop custom NI solutions involving high speed multi-channel data acquisition.
- Work as part of an electronics design and testing team
- Assist with or contribute to the design development, implementation, and analysis of electronic systems and subsystems
- Contribute to or perform hands-on testing of complex electronic / embedded systems requiring knowledge of discrete electronics through programming of embedded systems
- Contribute to or generate data for technical reports that document design and testing of complex electronic systems.
This position can be filled as a Level 1 or 2, depending on your education and experience. Typical requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline for a Level 1. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level position.
Required skills/experience areas include:
- National Instruments Labview and Matlab
- Signal Processing
- Understanding of electrical/electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, impedance, and spectrum analysis techniques using NI
Preferred skills/experience areas include:
- Degree in Physics, Electrical, or Computer Engineering
- Familiarity with all aspects of networking and communication protocols
- Background in digital/analog circuit design and troubleshooting
- An active security clearance
Your working location will be fully on-site, located in State College, PA. You will be required to travel periodically to remote locations in support of testing as part of a small team of researchers, engineers, and technologists.
ARL at Penn State is an integral part of one of the leading research universities in the nation and serves as a University center of excellence in defense science, systems, and technologies with a focus in naval missions and related areas.
You will be subject to a government security investigation, and you must be a U.S. citizen to apply. Employment with the ARL will require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
ARL is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion; we believe this is central to our success as a Department of Defense designated University Affiliated Research Center (UARC). We are at our best when we draw on the talents of all parts of society, and our greatest accomplishments are achieved when diverse perspectives are part of our workforce.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION on ARL, visit our web site at www.arl.psu.edu.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.