Dominion Energy- Mechanical Engineering
We employ over 17,000 people in 15 states, providing reliable, affordable, clean energy to nearly 7 million customers. We are a leader in the clean energy transition, with a clear strategy to achieve Net Zero carbon and methane emissions.
Headquartered in Richmond, VA, we're creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We invest in communities where we live and work, and protect our natural resources.
We believe Actions Speak Louder.
Candidates who enjoy hands on work in a fast-paced environment will excel in this role. This position handles both field and office work in a team environment.
Specific duties include the development and implementation of system trending and monitoring plans to ensure system health, development of short- and long-term plans to maintain and improve system reliability, as well as the development and review of engineering technical evaluations supporting plant operation.
Additional duties include providing support for functional testing as well as both planned and emergent maintenance on systems.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Engineer I – 0-2 years of relevant engineering experience;
- Engineer II – 3+ years of relevant engineering experience;
- Engineer III – 5+ years of relevant engineering experience;
- Knowledge of engineering theories and principles;
- Skilled in use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines;
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to serve as team project lead;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (includes technical writing);
- Strong personal computer skills;
- Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems;
- Ability to interpret codes, regulations and practices;
- In depth knowledge of various computer applications, with the ability to manipulate personal computer applications and perform engineering calculations using applicable software programs (e.g. Matlab, Excel, etc.);
- Equally effective working independently or in team environment;
- Proven decision making skills;
- Ability to process information quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks;
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills.
Note: A partial year of work experience of 6 months or greater will count as one year toward the required years of experience. A Master’s degree will count as one year toward the required years of experience.
Military service members and veterans with ranks from E-3, W1, or O1, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience are encouraged to apply.
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Fire Protection is preferred. Other disciplines may be considered.
· REQUIRED ENGINEERING CRITERIA:
For placement of a candidate in the Engineer job series, the following criteria must be met:
Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program based on the year that the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
·Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an institution outside of the U.S. which is accredited through the country’s own Engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by the country’s accrediting body on or after the date that full signatory status was achieved, or
·Possess a 4-year degree in Engineering (non-ABET accredited), Physics, Chemistry, Math or Engineering Technology and a post-graduate Engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same Engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based on the year the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
· Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license.