CACI: Cyber Engineering Intern – Summer 2023
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a Cyber Engineer Intern, you will partner with our cyber leaders to gain hands on experience within the industry. You will be focused on themes that will require you to “think like an adversary” as both an external actor and an insider threat. You should also be passionate about the cyber security industry. You will be driven to become a well-rounded technology professional in the disciplines you learn over the summer; along with learning to respectfully work with others in a professional environment.
More About the Role:
You will explore various topics such as:
- Red teaming/penetration testing
- Creating Capture The Flag (CTF) challenges
- Creating infrastructure to support penetration testers and projects
- Understanding adversarial tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Studying embedded Internet of Things (IoT) devices
- Configuring virtual machines (VMs) and virtual networks
- Software development utilizing tools such as Python Flask and VMWare vSphere API
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a degree in one of the following majors: Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Cybersecurity, Information Technology -Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA in major coursework. Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis depending on skills and passion.
- Development experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++/C#
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Full Scope Security Clearance
- Minimum program commitment of 12 weeks (starting in late May/early June)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to work in a team environment
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for writing, reviewing, and discussing highly technical documentation
- Knowledge of what virtualization is and how it can be leveraged for building training labs
- A computer enthusiast who pursues technical knowledge outside of the workday
- Basic understanding of the hardware components of servers and desktop computers
- Proficient with the following software packages: Microsoft Windows, Linux, Git/GitHub/GitLab, OpenVPN, VMware/VirtualBox or other hypervisor, Python, Flask, APIs
- Has participated in at least one Capture the Flag (CTF) or Hack-a-thon events
- Familiar with Scrum or Agile project management styles
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.