Data Center Facilities Technician
Position Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop and mentor other technicians.
- Operate, monitor, control, maintain, and respond to abnormal or unexpected conditions in facilities systems (electrical, mechanical, and control).
- Support startup, commissioning, and integration of new equipment and systems into facilities infrastructure.
- Provide operational and maintenance insights into the design review process.
- Associate’s degree, trade school certification, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience at journeyman or technician level in a critical environment.
- Ability to work differing work rotations/shifts and non-standard work hours.
- Data center, hospital or power plant experience.
- Knowledge of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units.
- Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on-call.
- Ability to communicate effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on these systems.